- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Must See Ladakh tour can be a great opportunity to explore the unexplored region of leh and surrounding expanses of ladakh, which is mostly covered with fresh water lakes, deserts, mountains and most happy people. ladakh remains very less populated and sparsely occupied by human inhabitants. Due to high altitude and extreme weather, it is hard to stay for ever in this terrific scenic land, only tourists love to visit here and compliment the solitude of the mountains and the culture which fascinates them though its roots belong to other countries than India. the people of ladakh have opened their arms to welcome tourists which was very rare in last since few years. though there are no industries or agriculture people solely depend on tourism and very few on farming. the town of leh seems to come alive from a fairy tale, with its old world charm it gives amazing pleasure to walk in its bazaar to see the small souvenir and dry fruit shops. so lets discover this amazing place in India, which is without no doubt one of the most cleanest place in India and one of the most less crowded
On arrival, our representative(s) arrange for the transfer to your hotel. Check into the hotel and use the rest of the day to rest and get acclimatized to the high altitude (3500 meters/11800 ft) and low air pressure in Leh. Strolling around the local markets maybe a good idea during the evening. Overnight stay is arranged at the Hotel.
After breakfast, proceed to a 68 km ride to the 1000 year old paintings of Alchi Monastery. En-route, visit the famous Maitreya Buddha statue at Likir monastery and drive past the confluence of Indus & Zanskar rivers at Nimoo, Magnetic Hill and military Hall of Fame. Stay overnight at the Hotel.
Khardongla Pass - (Leh)
Day 3 morning starts with a visit to Khardongla Pass which, at 18360 ft, is the world’s highest motorable pass. During the afternoon, you are introduced to a local family in Stok village which serves delicious homemade butter tea and barley drink. Later, visit the Thiksey Monastery which houses the most photographed statue of Maitreya Buddha in India. Return by evening for overnight stay at the hotel.
Pangong Lake (Leh)
In the early morning of the penultimate day, an excursion is scheduled to Pangong Lake, a 135 km drive from Leh. The Pangong Lake is 140km long and 3-5km in width – more than half of which lies in Tibetan territory. As you return back Leh by evening, you can use the remaining time exploring local markets, looking for a decent bargain. Overnight stay is again at the hotel.
Leh - Departure
Early morning transfer to KBR airport to board flight for onward journey.
- Twin sharing accommodation (Double room) at all places in Hotels / Camps as applicable to the itinerary.
- Meals as per the package. (lunch on long day tours will be either box packed or in local restaurants enroute)
- Welcome drink on arrival with cookies and biscuits.
- Airport transfer in Leh.
- Exclusive sightseeing & excursions by one non ac Toyota Qualis / Scorpio / Tavera / Mahindra Xylo vehicles, the same car shall do the complete itinerary. (maximum 6 persons are possible in one vehicle, for more than 6 please ask for separate rates)
- Wildlife fee for Tso-Moriri Lake, Pangong Lake and Nubra Valley areas which are protected wildlife sanctuaries in Ladakh.
- Inner line permit for restricted areas of Nubra, Pangong and Tsomoriri areas (Guest are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them )
- All applicable taxes
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) Leh Environment fee (Students should bring their school ID)
- Domestic airfare
- Tour guide.
- Monastery entrances fee.
- Camel riding fee.
- Personal items like mineral water, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Extra meals / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the hotel.
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
- Porterage & tips at the airport, Hotel/Camp staff & drivers.