- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
No details found.
Ladakh ArrivalBoard a flight to Leh, on arriving at the Kushok Bakula airport, Leh (3500 m), meet our tour representative. Get assistance for transfer to the hotel. Complete the check-in formalities as you savor your welcome drink. Settle in your rooms. The day is for resting and getting acclimatized to the high altitudes of Ladakh. Before any journey across this place, acclimatization is necessary. In the evening, walk up to the Leh bazaar to spot the hustle bustle. Overnight stay in Leh
Leh - Lower Indus Valley - LehOn day 2 of your tour, get all set to visit Indus Valley and explore its major attractions. While driving from Leh to Indus Valley, drive past the Magnetic Hill, one of the wonders of the Himalayas. Just before the Indus valley, stop at the Nimu valley. The barren yet enchanting landscape is worth every minute you spend here. If the weather permits, gear up for river rafting in River Indus. The next stop is, the Pathar Sahib Gurudwara. Lying on Leh-Nimu road, this Gurudwara has been built to honor the visit of Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikh religion to this region. Revel in its scenic beauty and do not miss the excellent adventure opportunities. Back to Leh for overnight stay.
Leh - Nubra ValleyStart the day getting ready to travel to the Nubra Valley. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations of Ladakh. The unique landscape has given it the name of ‘desert in the sky’. On arrival, check-in at a guest house/hotel. Later, leave for sightseeing. The unmissable attraction of Nubra Valley is camel safari on the Hunder sand dunes. The double-humped camels take you to explore the surrounding scenery. Next, visit the Panamik village. There are many hot water sulphur springs. Pay a visit to the Diskit Monastery, the oldest and the largest monastery of Nubra. Overnight stay in Nubra Valley.
Nubra Valley - LehOn the 4th day of the tour, get ready for a morning expedition to Samstanling Monastery. The 19th century monastery is set in a serene setting in the Nubra Valley. Revel in the spiritual bliss of Tibetan traditions. Later, begin your drive back to Leh. Your drive passes through Khardung La, which is titled as one of the highest motorable road in the world. One arrival in Leh, complete the check-in formalities at the hotel. The day is free of plans, spend at your own leisure. There are activities of your interest, beautiful surroundings and a platter of sumptuous delicacies of the local cuisines to try out. Interact with the locals to know more about their culture. Overnight in Leh.
Leh - Pangong LakeDay 5 is scheduled to visit the serene environs of Pangong Lake, also known as Pangong Tso. Drive through the Chang La mountain pass, placed at an altitude of 5360 m above the sea level. While driving towards the lake, drive through Durnuk and Tangtse villages and witness the daily activities of the locals of Changthang region. By Afternoon arrive at the Pangong Lake. Set your camps here. The views around the lake are extremely enchanting and soothing. Spot colorful birds on the banks of Pangong. Do visit the local village in the vicinity to known about the local culture. Stay overnight in tents.
Pangong Tso - LehStart the day early before the sun is up. The mesmerizing sun rising over the lake is definitely one you would love to capture in your camera. Marvel at the blessed view. Begin your drive back to Leh. Upon arrival in Leh, check-into the hotel, followed by sightseeing. Start your sightseeing tour with Shanti Stupa, a white-domed Buddhist stupa on a hilltop offering panoramic views. Next, stop at Leh Palace, which is the former royal palace built during the 17th century. Do not miss the Hall of Fame Museum, founded and managed by the Army in the memory of war heroes. Return to your hotel in Leh for overnight stay.
Leh (Monastery Visit)The 7th day of the tour is for visiting the popular monasteries of Ladakh. Your tour will cover all major monasteries including Thiksey, Hemis, Spituk, Shey and Stakna. These spiritual centres are an architectural marvel with a cultural legacy which creates curiosity in the minds of travelers. Thiksey boasts of being the largest monastery in the central Ladakh region. Hemis is believed to be the largest and wealthiest monastery in Leh. The 11th century Spituk monastery is blessed with breathtaking views of the Indus. Shey is a popular monastery with huge copper and gilded gold statue of seated Shakyamuni Buddha. Lastly, visit Stakna monastery that belongs to Drugpa Buddhist sect and is home to around 30 monks. After a well spent day, have an overnight stay in Leh.
Departure From LehThis is the last day of your Discover Ladakh tour. Get an assisted transfer to the Leh Airport to board flight.
- Twin sharing accommodation (Double room) at all places in Hotels / Camps as applicable to the itinerary.
- Meals as per the package. (lunch on long day tours will be either box packed or in local restaurants enroute)
- Welcome drink on arrival with cookies and biscuits.
- Airport transfer in Leh.
- Exclusive sightseeing & excursions by one non ac Toyota Qualis / Scorpio / Tavera / Mahindra Xylo vehicles, the same car shall do the complete itinerary. (maximum 6 persons are possible in one vehicle, for more than 6 please ask for separate rates)
- Wildlife fee for Tso-Moriri Lake, Pangong Lake and Nubra Valley areas which are protected wildlife sanctuaries in Ladakh.
- Inner line permit for restricted areas of Nubra, Pangong and Tsomoriri areas (Guest are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them )
- All applicable taxes
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) Leh Environment fee (Students should bring their school ID)
- Domestic airfare
- Tour guide.
- Monastery entrances fee.
- Camel riding fee.
- Personal items like mineral water, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Extra meals / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the hotel.
- Additional costs for Hotel accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
- Porterage & tips at the airport, Hotel/Camp staff & drivers